- Tei Mukunya and Wilco Vermeer start exploring possibilities to dry vegetables and fruit in Kenya using a new drying method first discovered in the Netherlands.
- We start NatureLock with the objective to contribute to reducing post-harvest losses and create affordable nutritious food for all.
- During the initial Covid-19 lockdown we adapt and improve the preservation method to the circumstances of Kenya.
- Our first social impact investor joins us.
- Our first consumer testing in the Nairobi area indicates high interest of Kenyan consumers.
- We move into our first production location near Nairobi International Airport and launch our first product line: StewsDay instant stews.
- We install our first on-farm drying units and add more product lines that are affordable and reduce post-harvest losses.
- We set up a StewsDay street vendor programme that enables entrepreneurial women and youth to start their own business, and makes affordable nutritious street food accessible to all.
- StewsDay stews are sold throughout Kenya and neighbouring East African countries.
- We supply gently dried nutritious meals to schools throughout Kenya.
- We are enabling thousands of African smallholder farmers to preserve their excess produce with affordable NatureLock drying units, generating more income and new employment opportunities.
- We operate multiple large production locations in Africa.